Monday, October 08, 2007

Fern Hill


Dylan Thomas's poem Fern Hill was yet another work that I was unfamiliar with until recently. Composer John Corigliano set the poem to music for chorus and orchestra in 1961, making an already beautiful text become even more powerful. Not only do I enjoy this poem (and the music) for their artistic value, but they also describe nearly everything that I've felt in the past year or so. It makes me nostalgic, but at the same time churn up hope and a sense of newness in me.
Once again, I am simply posting a website link, because I was unable to get the format of the poem the way I wanted on the post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did great!...So glad to see how well you're doing. Looking forward to seeing you this wekend. Get your rest you desrive it!

Play 13
Don't Quit!

Anonymous said...

How goes German class, oh linguist?