Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

Hello 2009!

Winter break has been wonderful so far, except for the having a cold when I came home and the power outages. Those were not so great. But the ice melted, the power came back on, and my voice has mostly come back. It better, because I have an audition recording to make tomorrow and 5 pieces to sing. At some point I'll post photos of the insane amount of ice we had, but right now there's a cat on my lap and I can't get my camera.
I've also spent much of my break reading, which is something I really don't have much time for when I'm at school. Mansfeild Park by Jane Austen is what I'm currently reading. Yes, I'm a Jane Austen fan and am not ashamed to admit it. But I also got my hands on copies of Dostoevsky's The Devils (which is also translated as Demons) and The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas. I was going to find some smutty romance novel to read over break just for the heck of it, but I don't think that's going to happen.
2008 was definitely a freak-out year for me; opera workshop, meeting Dmitri Hvorostovsky, my "special" summer job and class, dealing with insecurities, the cattle call freak out, singing for Virginia Zeani, the callback for Giulio Cesare, getting cast in the same opera, and learning a lot of "big girl" music.

May the freak-outs continue.

1 comment:

joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.