Friday, August 29, 2008

College, Take 2

I'm finally all moved into the house here in Bloomington and am beginning to feel settled in. The first few days were a little rough, missing home, my parents, and my cats, and just feeling emotionally lost. But I'm adjusting to college life again, and I'm glad I made this choice. There are, of course, some aspects of the dorm that are still appealing; not having to go across campus to hang out with friends, the food that's just there, and having the staff looking out for you a bit. But living off campus is much better. I have my own room, and the house is fairly quiet. Nobody runs down the halls screaming at 3:00 a.m. Plus, my room is good-sized, and I have lots of storage space (two closets!!). And we're only a block off campus, which is almost closer than my dorm was last year. So even though its a little scary having to do my own grocery shopping, I'm glad I'm here.


My desk.
My bed and dresser. The big yellow cat poster I got on sale last year, and the other four small posters are parts of old Met calanders.
I'm hoping to put a chair in the nook so that I'll have some reading space, but right now, it's just there. But I love having two closets.

2 comments:

Pastor D said...

The room looks great! Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow. Take care and God bless!

Dad

Davo said...

You place certainly looks better than my off-campus digs did last year! Here's hoping your semester's great! Hey, by the way, have any tips for how to hold a vibrato on an "ah" in upper register without sounding like I'm being shaken violently? Either the pitch goes wacky, or the vibrato is inconsistent or constricts the note.