Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Great Interlochen Blackout of 2006


I woke up Saturday morning to find that the power had gone out. Yes, no power on the entire campus. There had been quite a bit of snow the night before, but I don't know if that was the cause for the power outage. Still, it got rather cold in the room, although it wasn't much colder than usual. That either means that the insulation in here is really good or we just have a really bad heating system. Guess which one is probably true? I was about ready to go down to the front desk and get some newspapers to line my clothes with.

Anyways, we had no classes all day, which didn't bother me one bit, except that there was absolutly nothing to do. There's never much to do for entertainment around here anyways, but with no power, it was really dull. Of course, DeRoy (aka The Nice Dorm) had power because of a generator, but lowly people in the other dorms had to stick it out until noon-ish, when the power finally came back on. Thank goodness. We could at least have hot food for dinner.

Saturday night I saw The Crucible done by the Academy Theatre, which was wonderful! Concerto Finals were great. Had a Master Class with a Juilliard/Manhatten/Curtis teacher today, but I didn't sing. My voice, nor my nerves, were not in the greatest shape this morning, so singing that early would not have gone well. I also had my From the Top audition today, and I think it went well. The producer remembered me, and I think I sang well. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Send some of that snow to Brittany!!!