Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ups and downs and the King's Singers


The last few days were full of ups and downs, mostly ups and one big down. The down was that I did not make it to the Concerto Competition Finals. Even though I had not expected to move on, it was still a huge dissappointment. I think that squirrel really did wreck my performance...

But...the ups! Saw the King's Singers last night, and it was awesome!! The choir had a Master Class with them on Monday, which was really interesting, but to see them perform was amazing! The sound that they make is just beyond explanation. Their repertoire was huge; Spainish motets from the Renaissance, new American music in Japanese, The Beatles, and Folk Songs. Afterwords, I got all six of them to sign my program, which will be going home with me in a few days and kept safely there. All of us were on a "King's Singers" high for the remainder of the night and for some of today, and I think we're all obsessed. It's really an amazing thing that they do, and maybe I'll get to see them again someday.

Need to finish writing my Tolstoy essay since it's due tomorrow, and then we begin Dostoevsky on Friday! Lost on at 9!

No comments: