Sunday, November 05, 2006

Weekends at Interlochen

Let me begin by saying that a daily update is not something that will happen very often, but seeing as I don't have much to do at the moment, I thought I'd post something. Besides, I changed the settings so that anyone can post a comment, and I believe that doesn't go into effect until another posting is put up. There you go.

I got off of campus for the first time since Parents' Weekend; it didn't seem that long. I went to church this morning with Sarah, Morgen, and Kwambe. I was talking to the pastor's wife, and it turns out that she is from, of all places, Bluffton, Indiana! And on top of that, she's a high school friend of Seth's! It's a small world, isn't it?

After chruch I returend to good old TJ Dorm, had some nasty lunch, made a phone call home, took a brief walk, and talked to Austin for a while. We listented to some music, and I managed to turn him into a Dmitri Hvorostovsky convert. I borrowed his book Great Singers on Great Singing by Jerome Hines, a very famous singer himself. It's exactly what the title suggests it is, and it is fasinating. Laundry after that. In other words, not much going on. But I've got a Master Class with the King's Singers tomorrow, which I'm excited for. Also a group project on Tolstoy's Hadji Murad, and I've got to work on my Tolstoy essay for Thursday, plus read a little more of The Brothers Karamazov.

Let's hope the heat comes on in my room sometime soon. It's cold!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Kelly talking) Hey, I've got the book Great Singers on Great Singing, or did...I think it might have been a casualty of moving. But a good read in any case. Some ideas are as current as ever, and some are so funny, like the notion that women shouldn't breathe "low" because of our delicate childbearing physiques. (insert snort of derisive laughter)

Nice to hear from you, I'll check in when I look at my other blogging buddies...yeah, someday I'll join the crowd, but right now my ramblings would just be soporific.

Ciao,
dK

Seth said...

Thanks for the update.

Who's the high school friend of mine who is now a pastor's wife??

Hyper intéressant!